Whilst we are not meeting face to face we have plenty to keep the Beavers busy at home…
Sunflower CompetitionThe Beavers are running a sunflower competition. Prizes will be awarded for the tallest, brightest, happiest, ….. Judging will take place Mid-September 🌻🏆
Open to Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and any friends and family wishing to take part.
PostcardsIf your child would like to do this, please post a picture of their postcard on the WhatsApp group
Camping at homeJust because we are staying at home doesn’t mean that we can’t camp! Your child can gain up to 2 Nights Away for sleeping either outside in a tent or even inside in a den that they have constructed.
If you have a tent, get them to help you put it up and sort out their own sleeping area, as this goes towards badges too (have a look at the Outdoor Challenge requirements). And if you really want to go all out, why not cook outside too? Or at the very least toast a marshmallow over a candle 😉
How to view and update Badges at Home on OSM
- Login to OSM here: https://www.onlinescoutmanager.co.uk/login.php
- Click on your child’s name on the left
- Click on Badges
- You will then be able to see all the badges, just choose one to click on
- Once your child has completed some of the requirements, go back to the relevant badge and click on ‘Badges at home’
- You will then be able to upload photos and make comments about what have been done