Whilst we are not meeting face to face we have plenty to keep the Cubs busy at home…
Be an ArtistCubs enjoyed our recent Draw with Rob session which we followed together using Zoom.
If they would like to do more of these, there are lots more fun characters to draw on this website: www.robbiddulph.com/draw-with-rob
Taskmaster Challenge!Step 1: Choose a challenge from here: Taskmaster Challenges
Step 2: Download the tracking sheet: Tracking Sheet
Step 3: Complete a challenge, tick it off and send photo of the outcome to a leader
How many challenges can you complete?
Sunflower CompetitionThe Beavers are running a sunflower competition. Prizes will be awarded for the tallest, brightest, happiest, ….. Judging will take place Mid-September 🌻🏆
Open to Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and any friends and family wishing to take part.
Camping at homeJust because we are staying at home doesn’t mean that we can’t camp! Your child can gain up to 2 Nights Away for sleeping either outside in a tent or even inside in a den that they have constructed.
If you have a tent, get them to help you put it up and sort out their own sleeping area, as this goes towards badges too (have a look at the Outdoor Challenge requirements). And if you really want to go all out, why not cook outside too? Or at the very least toast a marshmallow over a candle 😉
- Iron at least two items
- Sew on a button
- Help to clean and tidy a living room
- Plan, cook and serve a simple one-course meal AND wash up afterwards
- Help sort out the washing. Load and unload the washing machine
- Clean at least two items in your home (a window, sink, kitchen cupboard, etc)
- Take sheets, pillow covers and the duvet cover off a bed and help to put clean ones on. Make your own bed for a week
Badges at Home
You can find out requirements for all the badges, and your child’s progress towards them on OSM. Once completed, you can also upload your evidence there.
Of course if you are struggling to find whether something fits to a badge then just ask on the usual whatsapp group.
How to view and update Badges at Home on OSM
- Login to OSM here: https://www.onlinescoutmanager.co.uk/login.php
- Click on your child’s name on the left
- Click on Badges
- You will then be able to see all the badges, just choose one to click on
- Once your child has completed some of the requirements, go back to the relevant badge and click on ‘Badges at home’
- You will then be able to upload photos and make comments about what have been done